History of the Laboratory
1939 : 100 cm cyclotron project started.
The main magnet of the cycrotron
was installed in the physics depertment building.
1945 : The cyclotron was destryed by the occupation forces.
1952 : Recontruction of the cyclotron started. Kyoto city offerd
an old blick building,
the former hydro electric power station of Keage.
The cyclotron was completed.
1964 : Nuclear Science Rsearch Facility and Accelerator Laboratory was systematize.
The cyclotron was improved.
1985 : Shutting down of the cyclotron and movement of the facility were scheduled.
1986 : Construction of a 7 MeV proton linac started. Nuclear Science Rsearch Facility united with Accelerator laboratory.
Construction of the new building
at Uji Campus started.
1988 : The new building was completed (
The Cyclotron Magnet (
Monument "Pioneer of Nuclear Science" (